Thursday, February 28, 2008

Weekend In Windsor


So as some of you know, my birthday is on February 4th. My parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told them to get me something they thought I needed. So, last weekend my parents treated my family and I to a weekend away! It was AWESOME!!! We met them at a WorldMark timeshare in Windsor (About an 1 1/2 drive from our house) on Friday evening and stayed until early Sunday morning.
Friday night we went to dinner at Round Table Pizza (My favorite, of course!) and then went for a night heated swim with most of the kids. Saturday we tried to visit a redwood forest but the park we went to was closed due to the forecast of rain and high winds in the area. The kids were happy to swim instead! We spent a combined total of about two and a half hours in the pool while we were there! The girls didn't want to get out! We had so much fun swimming in the rain. We didn't get any pictures of us swimming because of the RAIN, but Kaitlin and Christopher are naturals and Rachel can swim without floaties now, although she prefers the extra buoyancy they provide. Emily was a little scared at first but once she sees Rachel and Kaitlin doing something she wants to try she really gets into it and enjoys herself. After swimming the kids watched some cartoons on cable (a treat for them since we don't have TV at home), and the adults got a little R&R. That evening we watched "Shrek the Third" and enjoyed pan popped popcorn and yummy ice cream. Sunday morning we awoke early to head home in time for church (9am Sacrament meeting). We were only about 15 minutes late! We had so much fun! Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful birthday present!!!!
On our way to the woods!
You guys are the best! Love you!

5 comments:

Marie said...

What a wonderful getaway. I love mini-vacations. They are so rejuvenating and make some of the best memories. Happy Birthday Ruth!

Fattastic said...

Happy Birthday! I have it on my calendar every year, yet I neglect sending a card or calling. Some kinda friend I am. I'm so glad you went to Round Table. That takes me back. Remember how we used to follow eachother home after work ona put on our blinkers for every bar we passed? HA! Miss you!

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

How fun! A break...lucky you! We stay at the Worldmark Resorts every summer with my mom...aren't they the best...We did Windsor 2 years ago! We loved it...so happy to hear that you guys had a great time away!

Angel said...

We stayed at a worldmark in Tahoe this past August. We had a great time! That was probably a great get away for you!

Rachel said...

Sounds like so much fun. Glad you were able to get away from "real life" for at least a little bit. We miss you guys!