Monday, February 04, 2008

A Most Welcome Visitor!

I love to have people visit! Especially family and close friends. I love to be able to catch up with friends, share a meal, play games or just visit. Having people over also gets me to clean my house! A chore I despise since I know whatever I do it will be just as dusty and cluttered one hour later, if not less. This sort of thing happens when you live on a dirt road and have five young children!

Well anyways, whenever someone special is coming over we like to keep it a surprise from the kids if we can. This last Friday afternoon Grandma Mavy came and stayed with us until Sunday morning! The girls were so happy to share their room and bed with Grandma! We all enjoyed the special time with Grandma. It was such a busy weekend! She watched the kids for Jason and I so we could have a date Friday night! Saturday we made Swedish pancakes for breakfast! (yummy) Then we went to Sarah's house to watch President Hinckley's funeral broadcast. After we had lunch, Jason and I went to a baptism while Grandma stayed home and rested with the kids. When we got back Grandma took Rachel to the store for some Grandma time and when they got home we had some yummy potato soup! Perfect for the rainy day we were having! That night we played games made doughnuts/twisties and had baths. The kids got to stay up way past bedtime! Sunday morning Grandma got to see me run around trying to get all the kids ready for church while Jason had gone to his early Sunday meeting. Needless to say it was great fun to have her come and share in our little piece of crazy! We can't wait to have her (or anyone, hint hint) come again! We love you Grandma!

Grandma with the girls and Aaron.
Christopher was being too cranky for pictures! He didn't want to sit with all those girls!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So fun to have Grandma visit (and to help out!). We can't wait for my parents to get home from their mission so that our kids can know their "other" or "new" grandparents as our kids would say. Very cute pics!