Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Messy shelf

This is a picture of the bookshelf in my dining room where the girls put ALL their art and school stuff. As you can tell it is such a mess and I don't know what to do about it. And this isn't even as bad as it gets! I'm planning to move this whole bookshelf into my bedroom so it won't be seen by visitors, but I'll still have to look at it! Any suggestions on how to get it organized? Or how about getting the girls to KEEP it tidy? (She types hopefully) I love to encourage their creativity and let them make pictures and crafts for me and for others. But it drives me crazy looking at the mess all the time. Maybe I just need to take the time to explain to my 4 year old how to put things in properly?! That will be an interesting talk! I'd love some ideas!
Until next time, Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

Containers! Rylie has a container that has her stickers, stamps, etc in it & ones that have other art materials. You could get a couple bigger containers for the shelf depending on what size you get. Then they can take out the stuff in container, put it back in, & set in on the shelf. I organize/ clean out Rylies every now & then. For the books...baskets make it easier for kids to put books away and makes the shelf look cleaner!

Marie said...

That thing IS TIDY! Come to my house and I'll show you messy. Maybe you could make a little curtain to cover the front and hang it on a tension rod or Velcro it on. Out of sight, out of mind. At least it's all in one place instead of all over the house or worse, your dining room table 24/7.