Saturday, March 08, 2008

Avocados Anyone?

Recently I read about how to grow your own avocado tree. I followed the directions I found and it said that something would sprout in about three days. It has now been five days and still no sprouts of any kind. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone ever grown an avocado plant successfully? If so HELP! Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated!

Our goal for our garden this year is to grow most if not all the ingredients for our favorite salsa. Plus any other veggies that we enjoy eating.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sorry I am of no help. I have tried a number of times to grow avocados, but to no avail. I would LOVE to have an avocado tree in my yard, but an not willing to pay for one. If you find something that works, let me know. I am pretty sure it take about 7 years to finally get any avocados off the tree after planting the seed, so you have a few years even if you do get it to grow. Good luck.