Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Avocado Update

I decided I would look up how to grow an avocado tree on-line (duh! why didn't I think of THAT before?) and I have learned so much! First of all, I had the pit in the water upside down. I also learned that it takes almost a decade for the tree to produce any avocados and when it does they don't taste as good as the ones we can buy at the store. I read that most people just grow them to have as decorations in and around their home.
So I flipped the pit and we'll see what happens! Since I know now that we probably won't be able to reap any benefits from my efforts with this, I'll do what I can and maybe we'll enjoy another tree in our yard! I'm definitely not going to worry about what becomes of it since it was more of an experiment anyways.

Last year we grew Tomatoes, Corn, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Tomatoes, Radishes, Tomatoes, Sage, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Tomatoes, and a Maple tree. Oh yeah, did I mention that we grew Tomatoes? Yeah we had those coming out our ears we had so many! I loved it! Tomatoes are my favorite! So, do you know of anything yummy that will grow well in beautiful California weather? I'd love to hear your suggestions and maybe try something new and exciting! What will you be growing in your garden this year?
Edit by jase:
You can see the diminutive corn is less than two feet tall yet already the tassels are developed. Gotta fertilize the corn with some nitrogen next time. We will have to use the space between the corn stalks too.

No comments: