Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Summer can't be over yet!

Why is it so much easier to sit down and read about what's happening in my family and friends lives? I guess I have a good excuse for NOT blogging as often anymore but I can't use the new baby reason forever! I had to take some extra time to recover this time around! Along with all the drama after his birth, I still had some retained placenta and had to have a D&C at six weeks postpartum. The bleeding continued on and off (Mostly on) for the weeks that followed and only stopped last week. Apparently that happens occasionally and I'm pretty sure it has played a part in postpartum depression for many women. I know I was feeling pretty crumby about it all. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who has a very wet shoulder. I'm so glad to have him and his support. Now that I've probably spilled a little more information than anyone probably wanted to hear I'll get back to our fun summer!

It really has been quite a busy summer! Full of excitement! We've been keeping busy that's for sure! First with the addition of our sweet little David, his blessing, family gatherings, Liz and Cameron's wedding, at which I made their cake (pictures in a previous post) and it was delicious! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to make that fun cake Liz and Jameron! ;) Our family spent hot days playing in the sprinklers, the slip'n'slide, and taking every opportunity that we could to swim in swimming pools of friends. Because even though we live in Clearlake, there's no way any of us are going to set foot in that water that is anything but clear! We've played games together and visited the park a couple of times. We've celebrated a few birthdays. We've also enjoyed the company of good friends near and far! I feel that we have grown closer as a family and I truly can say that I've enjoyed having the kids home all summer. If you'd like to see pictures of all this fun please click on our photo bucket link to the right. I will try to add photos to this post later but it's not a top priority right now!

We started the first day of Home school today. Rachel in Fourth, Emily in Third and Kaitlin in Kindergarten. Rachel was so excited to get going and did her work mostly all by herself! Which worked great because Emily needed extra help and of course Kaitlin needed the most attention. The boys were ornery and fought too much. Which took my time from helping the girls and poor David had to wait a little too long for lunch (poor mommy too!) I know that these first few months will be the hardest and I hope I can do a good job for the girls. I just have to find that happy medium! Any ideas and suggestions would be very much appreciated!

2 comments:

Carrina said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know you were homeschooling! Good luck and I'll help you any way I can. Just ask!

Ruth said...

I thought that's why you gave me all those school CD-ROMs. But with as much as , I can see how that could've been missed! With as much we've been able to see eachother lately! ;) I'm actually going through a charter school, I'll definitely think of you if I need any help! By the way, thanks for letting me borrow those cake pans!