Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mayternitty?

I've had a bin of maternity clothes that I won't be wearing for the remainder of this pregnancy sitting in my room for quite some time. I finally got it out and asked Jason to put it under the house (Since I'm the last one left pregnant in our family,*sniff*) until I'm done with the ones that I am using. Jason enlisted the help of Rachel. She is what I think a really good reader and she loves to read. She read the label on the bin and asked Jason, "What are may-ter-nitty clothes?"

We had a good laugh and Jason explained that it's pronounced muh-ter-ni-tee, and that they are clothes for pregnant women, but he used different words of course. It was cute and I thought I'd share. Even eight-year-olds say funny things!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cute! Love that niece : )