Thursday, February 05, 2009

Princess for a day...

O.k., maybe just a couple of hours. Yesterday was my 29th birthday and I decided to celebrate with a princess party! A couple of weeks ago Emily brought home an invitation to a princess party put on by the Girl Scouts where they would be able to dress up, have their faces painted play in a castle, etc... but the cost was $15 per child and I'm sure I couldn't send Emily without sending Rachel as well. So, first of all I probably wouldn't have let them go even if it were free, and I certainly couldn't justify paying $30 for a couple hours of fun that would probably bring the girls home cranky and wanting more. Also, with things the way they are for us right now, I barely have $30 to spend on groceries (Let's hear the sobs and see the tears now people!).

Anyways, I was very quickly able to talk the girls into having our own Princess Party for my birthday instead. They were thrilled and we spent the next few days thinking of things we could do and we made the calls for the invites.

Yesterday was the big day and almost everyone we invited was able to come. It was mostly my friends and their daughters. For dinner we enjoyed some "Princess food," Caesar chicken salad, Fruit salad, Ham and Turkey sandwiches on homemade french bread, Salsa, chips, and pretzels. For dessert we each gobbled down a vanilla cupcake with pink frosting. After we had stuffed ourselves silly, the young princesses decorated their own princess hats. They then put on lipstick and took turns kissing our Frog Prince (Blindfolded of course) that I drew and the girls helped me color. Alaina was the one that smacked him right on the lips (She may have been peeking though, still not 100% clear on that one yet, Oh well). When each was done swapping spit with the handsome frog we finished the rest of their make-up and painted fingernails. We all had a blast! The girls were such a big help and they had such a good time! We only got them in bed 45 min. late. I hope they have a good day at school today! Anyways, the moral of this story is: You can never be too old to throw yourself a princess party! So I hope to be invited to yours someday!

Thanks to all my friends and family who called to wish me a great day! I wish you all could've come to the party!

6 comments:

The Redford Family said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a lot of fun. Every girl loves a princess party..even adults. That is awesome!

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like so much fun!!!

Becky said...

OOHHH! I wish me and Katie could have been there! That frog looks HAND-SOME! I'm glad you had a great b-day party, you deserve it. I love ya!!

Tamie said...

that sound like hte BEST party! and mom's most certainly need a little princess pampering....i'm thinking that i need to do the same thing for my birthday later this year---how fun! and happy birthday!

Rachel said...

Oh, I just got a little bit homesick for Clearlake. Never thought that I would say that. We miss you guys tons! Thanks for sharing all the fun pics. And Happy Birthday (sorry I am such a lousy friend!).

Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Roxanne Stuart I found your blog from Marie's. I LOVE your Blog and have already used some of your ideas, hope you don't mind. Your family is beautiful! Congrats on the new baby.