Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Trip to Southern Ca

Jason had to go to Scout camp the week of July 5th -10th. So I decided that instead of hanging around my house, with nothing to do but take care of the kids and be hot, I would head down to SO. Ca. to visit our good friends the Bruschke's. I convinced my youngest sister Mary to tag along and help with the driving and the kiddos. And let me just say right now that it was wonderful having the extra help! We headed out in the afternoon of the 4th and arrived in LA just in time to see Fireworks going off everywhere! so much for thinking we would miss out on seeing any this year! I think we saw about 20 different shows and maybe some illegal ones too! The air on the Freeway was filled with smoke for part of the time there were so many fireworks! Needless to say the kids enjoyed watching fireworks from the comfort of their own car seats!

We had a wonderful week shopping, eating good food, going to the beach and swimming in the local pool. The weather was overcast most of the week and it even rained on Tuesday, the only day we were able to meet up with my brother Mark. It cleared up before we got there, thank goodness, and we were able to visit the Cabrillo National Monument and one of the beaches in San Diego. At the beach in San Diego, we played on the boogie boards and enjoy some time playing in the sand!

I enjoyed all the time I was able to spend with our wonderful friends and my Little sis. and bro.!!! I hope we can go visit again soon and that Jason will be able to come with us next time! I'm so blessed to have been able to go on this trip and grateful for such good friends and family! Love you guys! Thanks for the wonderful week!


These are most of the pictures that I took of our trip, so it's a long one! Enjoy!


3 comments:

Steph said...

How fun! Looks like you had a great trip :)

Becky said...

Sorry the weather wasn't better for you. At least it was good for picture taking, these are great photos! Glad you had a good time!

Ann Dorries said...

Yes! good to hear that you had a good homeschool year but can put it down next year to recharge. As a Mom of 6 grown children and grandma to 19, I am delighted to find young couples who enjoy their family. You go girl!