Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter, Dr. visit, Goodies, and Mid 70's

Ruth:
Easter: We had to be at our ward for this Easter Sunday, so we got to enjoy just our family for this special day. It was a nice quiet day. I cooked a little ham dinner and we colored 10 hard-boiled eggs. I hadn't thought that we were going to do a hunt this year, we were lucky I had the hard-boiled ones we did! Jason hid the eggs after they dried and the kids enjoyed finding them. Jason hid them pretty well to make it last a little longer and because he likes to give our kids challenges! It was a wonderful day! We sure wish we could've been with our families, but it was nice to just have our little family together, teaching about Easter and why we celebrate it.


And we finished off the evening with a good zerrbert!

Dr. visit: I went to my 32 week check-up this last week and it turns out that I only weigh 4lbs. more than my skinny husband with 8 wks. to go before delivery! This is a first for me so I'm pretty proud!

Goodies: Money has been tight lately so I didn't get a lot of Easter candy for the kids and I didn't take advantage of the after Easter candy sales. So what's a prego girl to do when there is no good munchies in the house and she's cravin' something good? That's right, I baked up a storm and all before 9:30 am this last Thursday. I made Banana muffins, Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and Ranger cookies. They were all so good! I'm thinking the gap between Jason's weight and my own is going to rapidly get bigger!
76 degrees!: Today we enjoyed some beautiful weather! We spent the morning working to get our garden ready, and after luch the kids got their swim suits on and ran through the sprinklers! The girls had a blast getting wet! Aaron was asleep and Christopher ran through once crying the whole way. Jason is going to grill hamburgers tonight for dinner, and the kids have been outside for most of the day! I hope this weather keeps coming and I can muster up the energy to go out and enjoy it with the kiddos! I really can't wait to get the garden in, watch it grow, and enjoy home grown tomatoes, zucchinni and other yummy veggies!

Are you making goodies for yourself and planting a garden this year too?

3 comments:

Becky said...

Ruth, It was fun to see your Easter pictures! I'm glad you guys had a great Easter even thought you couldn'tbe with extended family. What you did sure beats driving home for 10 hours like we did. We are sure enjoying the NICE weather though it's supposed to reach 90 maybe this next week. We have planted our garden and there are a few tomatoes and strawberries already showing up YUM! I love ya! Becky : )

Marie said...

Yes, I'm planting a garden too! I can't wait for it to warm up enough. Those cookies are making my hungry!!!

Morgan said...

I planted my garden, did way more than I have in the past, and then have watched it suffer as I may have been a little over-eager and planted too early. I may be having to replace some plants! But it has been so nice to be outside doing things all the time.