Tuesday, April 28, 2009

All I Want For Christmas...


Is there anything cuter than a seven year old missing her two front teeth?

Emily's first front tooth fell out during dinner one night a few weeks ago without any pain, and she was hoping that this second tooth would do the same. Much to her dismay, dinner was over and her tooth was still attached by the smallest string. So she mustered up the courage and pushed pulled and got that sucker out by herself. She only had to pull for about 30 seconds when it finally gave way. She so brave!!! I don't remember ever pulling out my own teeth. I was always willing to endure the pain of letting my dad use his pliers and get the dollar he would give me afterward. If we mention the word pliers around a loose tooth here we always get a loud NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Are they really that scary?

Did you pull out any of your own teeth?
Or were you content to let your parents do it for you?

4 comments:

Becky said...

She's so cute without her teeth! Nathan asked me today if he looks goofy without his tooth that he lost(his first) I said, Umm.... you look exactly like a 5 year old should : ) He was content with that answer. That boys goofy no matter what!
I always thought the pliers were worth the money but I never liked the feeling fo them on my teeth.

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

Rylie's grandma just pulled her first tooth out...it is on the bottom though, not the top and not the tooth that has been hit by other kids heads 3 times...go figure!

Angel said...

My dad pulled my first two and then I pulled the rest that I could. I had to have three molars removed because they were not loosening on their own and my adult molars were coming in.

Megan said...

Your Dad actually used pliers!!!! My Dad threatened, but we never actually thought anybody did that!! I used to try the string on my tooth and the door handle, but I could never get up the courage to actually slam the door. Looking back, I can't believe I even contemplated that :)