Thursday, March 05, 2009

Becky, you'll be so proud!

So I was looking at one of my favorite blogs this morning http://www.beingfrugalisfabulous.com/ and saw this amazing cereal deal at Safeway this week! I just wanted to share with everyone my excitement on how much I saved! It felt so good to stock up and save so much! She also had some printable coupons for Bagel Bites and Bagel-fuls which are on sale at Safeway this week as well.


I returned home with 20 boxes of cereal (Buy 5 save $5, making each box $.99-$1.99+some coupons), 2 boxes of Bagel Bites with 40count (Sale price, $7.99ea.+$1/2 off coupon), and 2 boxes of Bagel-fuls (Sale price, 2for $5+ $1 off coupon for each box).
I actually checked out twice because the after the first time I was handed a store coupon for $1.50 off 3 boxes of cereal (Ones that were on e sale) so I had to go back! Who knows when I'll be out again! But here's the kicker, after my second checkout, I was handed another coupon for $2 off the same brands of cereal. I decided thought that I probably didn't have enough room in my pantry for the cereal I had already purchased and the sale lasts until next Tuesday! So, instead of going back and getting more all day long I called it quits and headed for home with my bounty! I was glad that the deal included some healthy cereals and the kids were glad that it included the sugary ones! Rachel came home and saw all the goodies on the counter and she quickly spotted the Lucky Charms and said, with eyes watering and a big smile on her face, "I'm SO having these for breakfast tomorrow!"

So, here's the breakdown:
groceries regular price total: $105.78
total savings with coupons and specials: $61.25

Total $ I spent: $44.53 !!!!! Are you proud of me Becky?!

Hopefully these great deals will keep coming and I will be able to find them! This IS so much fun!

3 comments:

Becky said...

RUTH!! I am SOOO proud of you! I knew you could find the deals in your area. I can't wait to see you so we can talk about more ways to save $$. Good job, Love ya : )

vanessa said...

Thanks for the tip. I went to Safeway and got my share of cereal.

Hendrickson Clan said...

I'm impressed! One of these days I need to take the time/ effort to clip coupons.