Thursday, November 06, 2008

Emily's Special!


This Week Emily has been the special student. Last week she was sent home with a poster to fill out with information about her and she had it back to her teacher the very next day. She was so excited that she was going to have her week to shine! Thank-goodness I didn't have to pull my kids out of school on Wed. to start Homeschooling. Monday, I'm sure she arrived at school to see her beautiful poster all about her on the special place on the wall in the classroom. And she was able to explain to all the kids the drawings of her family, things she likes to do and a bunch of her other favorite things. On Tuesday she got to bring in her favorite stuffed animal to share with her class. She also gets to make some special decision about what the class will do for certain activities throughout the day. Today, Thursday, she was able to have a special guest to share with her class. And she chose me! I love you too Emily! The thing is, a couple of months ago, at a book fair, we let Emily pick out a book and she chose one of the cutest little stories called: "PINKALICIOUS!" This quickly became one of her favorite books to read and for me to read to her. She wanted me to come read it to her class. We also made some PINK cupcakes to share with her classmates. I made them to look like the cupcakes from the book. It was so fun to read to the kids and have them enjoy the story as much as Emily does. She was so cute! She stood next to me the whole time I read and chimed in at her favorite parts of the story. After we read the story we handed out cupcakes. All the kids were asking for more cupcakes. So, go to your local library and check out this adorable book! Then you can see what happens when you eat too many PINK cupcakes! Do you like my Reading Rainbow plug?

3 comments:

Becky said...

How Special! I'm so glad you don't have to homeschool and that Emily could have that fun experience.

The Redford Family said...

Cute! What a great mom you are. I got that book for Brooklyn too at the book fair...mainly because it was pink and a good price! Cute Book. I love the pink cupcakes!

Megan said...

Emily is adorable. What is it about girls and pink? I never liked it, even as a kid, but my girls are obsessed with it. I'll have to find that book. You're a great reading rainbow host :)