Monday, June 23, 2008

Camping fun!

Hey everyone! We got back last Tuesday from camping. We had a tons of fun! But unfortunately not as many pictures as I had hoped. I forgot to take the camera on our little hike. It was so good to be there with almost all of Jason's family. We missed you Ben and Megan!

Some highlights of camping/Father's Day were:

A hike to a very small waterfall and the river by the camp.
Lots of roasted Marshmallows and S'mores.
Wonderful food, who knew you could eat so well out in the middle of nowhere?!
Playing games with the family.
Enjoying the company, beautiful scenery and weather.
Letting the kids run off to explore knowing they would come back when they got hungry.
Spraying the kids with bug spray at 7am, sunscreen at 10am then bug spray again at 6pm.

It was really relaxing and fun! I hope we can go up again soon.

My boys on the Hammock
Card games with the Family
Krista Grace, Emily and Chirstopher
Logan, Emily and Justin enjoying the Hammock
Kaitlin striking a pose with the broomPoor Rachel got eaten by the mosquitos and she puffed up like a marshmallow

4 comments:

Angel said...

Glad you guys enjoyed it! Rachel knows one of the reasons I don't like camping....bugs that hurt you.

Becky said...

Ruth, I'm so glad you guys had a great time camping! I hope our camping trip/reunion goes off as well! The kids are so cute. We love you!

vanessa said...

Cute pictures. I have some of you guys that are really cute. I will try and email them this week.

~Kaley~ said...

Poor Rachel!