Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ruth's new hobby

Before Thanksgiving I started to go to a Relief Society Quilting group every Wednesday morning. I have enjoyed learning how to quilt. When I realized how much fun it was to put different fabrics together to make something pretty, I was hooked. I decided to make a quilt for my sister's new baby. Then I made one for Emily for her birthday. After that I decided that quilts would be perfect gifts for the siblings we had to shop for for Christmas. So I made one big one for Timmy and Kimmy and three smaller ones for Dan's two little boys and foster daughter. I also put one together for Kaitlin for her birthday. The blanket she kept carrying around with her was too small for her and I thought she might like a bigger one. Let me just say that she didn't. Oh well, I still put it on her at night. Anyways, it has been a ton of fun! I hope I can get better at it and maybe I'll have more space to quilt at my own house someday. :) I'll take pictures and post them later. Who knows, maybe I'll have another quilt to show off by then!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like fun. I kind of got into quilting when I was a teenager, but it has been forever since I did anything. Maybe I will get back into it someday. BTW, cute family picture. When was that taken?

Angel said...

sounds fun. Which sister just had a baby?