Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pizza Night!

A couple of weeks ago we started a sort of tradition where we make pizza on Fridays. Not every Friday of course but about every other Friday. The kids help shape and top the pizzas. We usually just put pepperoni on half and ham and pineapple on the other half.

Well yesterday I decided to shake things up a bit and I wanted to try to make a pizza like I used to make at Round Table Pizza. Now mind you, it's been about nine years since I've worked there and a little less then that since I've had this particular gourmet pizza. Every time we go I am tempted to order it but the people I am with never want to share it with me. I believe this pizza is called the Chicken Garlic Gourmet and from what I remember, it had (In this order, please correct me if I'm wrong Courtney, if you can!) white sauce, spinach, cheese, zucchini, chicken, bacon bits, red onion, tomatoes, and a special herb seasoning sprinkled over top. Now doesn't that sound good! Well, we had plenty of Zucchini and tomatoes from our garden. And some left over chicken from dinner the night before. I scored a huge bag of bacon bits and another of spinach from Grocery Outlet. And we bought an onion the night before. The herb seasoning (I think) contains Italian Seasoning and Parmesan cheese. So I had all the ingredients and I went for it! It turned out great and it tasted just like, or at least close to what I remember it tasting like at the restaurant. I'm just so proud of myself I had to share! So if you love this pizza too, I hope you can try and make it yourself as well! Because, if I can do it anyone can Right?

My version fo the Chicken Garlic Gourmet
Rachel liked it!

I also made a pepperoni pizza and a half chicken and bacon, half cheese pizza too! Everyone was pleased with this weeks' pizza night!

7 comments:

Becky said...

YUM!! That pizza looks SOOOO good. I wish I could have a peice. I need your pizza dough recipe too because that looks delicious!

Rachel said...

That pizza looks sooo good! Why didn't you make that when we were around? Maybe someday! Brett said you guys are out for Thanksgiving. Big bummer. We understand and can't wait for another opportunity to see you.

Fattastic said...

Looks delicious! Good job and good memory! I haven't thought about our days at the Round Table in a very long time. We sure had some fun! Maybe I could move back to California and get my old job back then we could hang out!

DebLawson said...

What's the white sauce?

It looks exactly like a Round Table pizza! YUM

Ruth said...

The white sauce is Ranch dressing with pressed garlic and melted butter. We used that same sauce for dipping as well!

Ruth said...

Oh, and the dough is just a french bread recipe from a package of "Stone-Buhr" white bread flour.

andthenthereweretwo said...

I remember when we made pizza every friday in our family! that brings back lots of good memories. I think I'll be making that pizza cuz it looks delicious