Friday, April 25, 2008

Reality Check

Last night I attended our Stake Women's Conference. It was such a wonderful night! Not only did I get away for a couple of hours with Sarah, but I learned so much! The program consisted of spiritual musical numbers, preformed by some very talented singers in our stake, along with some wonderful words of inspiration. Pondering the words of the music I realized a few things that I already knew but hadn't thought about enough until last night.

Things I learned:

1. I really do LOVE the sisters in our ward! They are some of the sweetest people around and I am blessed to have them in my life! It feels like my children have 10 sweet grandmas that they get to see every week at church.

2. I also realized that I need to focus more on my children than on what my house looks like and the things that I want. I feel that I have been a little bit selfish with my time lately, trying to lose weight and keeping the house clean and laundry done just in case someone wants to walk through our house (on the market, for those who don't know). My children are very important to me and I want them to know I love them not just by the things I do FOR them, but by the things that I do WITH them.

3. I realized that Clear lake isn't such a bad place to live and I need to enjoy the time I have here and not dwell on the fact that I want to live closer to my own family. We are like family to some of the members here.

4. We are very blessed! Jason is finding work and the bills are getting paid somehow!

All in all I realized that I need to be happy with my life the way things are right now and just keep dreaming. So in my quest to become a better mother, wife and daughter of God I have added these goals to my list for this year:

1. Read the whole book of Mormon again.
2. Better support Jason in his responsibilities as YM President.
3. Write in my journal and blog more often.
4. PLAY with the kids more!
5. Take good care of myself.
6. Get Jason to take me rafting this summer!
(That's a fun one I just thought I'd throw in there!)

I hope I can be a better person and be a good example for the lovely children Heavenly Father has blessed our lives with!

Goofy kids! Aren't they great!?
Someday I'll get a good one of them all together! Ooh, there's another goal!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Ruth! You are awesome! "Everything you just said, are my goals to do, every day"(said in mexican accent, you know, Nacho Libre-like) Well, they aren't EXACTLY the same, but they are close) I love women's conferences, I don't know why we didn't have one. Anyhow, you are super and great and I love you so much. Thanks for being a great example little sis!
(ps. it was fun seeing your frog in webkinz land last night)

DebLawson said...

Hi Ruth!
This is Debbie Lawson from Loomis I ward.....
I love this post! It's something we women need reminding of once in a while.
Your kids are adorable! You mentioned your house is on the market? what are your plans??
We are in Payson, UT and are trying to figure out how to get back to Loomis. We miss our family so much and just wanna go HOME.
Good luck with everything! I've enjoyed peeking at your blog from time to time. :)

~Deb

Fattastic said...

Ruth you are so great. I miss you guys tons. I wish I could have the same goals as you but I really don't think Jason will take me rafting.

Rod n Kathy said...

Look how blog-savvy your old mom is! I think I've learned how to post a comment now. My heart is so full of love for you and your siblings today. I sent an email to all of you to let you know. I hope you got that. Your children really are the most important work you have right now. I'm so grateful for the times we get that reality check, and it mostly comes when we are in the middle of doing something we're 'sposed to do (i.e.-going to another meeting!)
love you tons. MOM